Monte Rosa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Monte Rosa

Realistic canine RPG

Role Play Time

Latest topics

» Count to 1,000
by Usidon Tue May 29, 2012 3:16 pm

» Bio le Mortal .
by Mortal Sat May 26, 2012 11:53 pm

» A Message From The Saivire Forest
by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 12:55 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

You are not connected. Please login or register

Off Topic Topic

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Off Topic Topic Empty Off Topic Topic Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Boomtown

Boomtown
Ledare

This topic is for anything really. Random discussion, etc. Be sure to follow all forum rules, found here.

Have at it

https://monte-rosa.rpg-board.net

2Off Topic Topic Empty Re: Off Topic Topic Wed May 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Senach

Senach
Loner

Curiosity question here - are the names for the ranks in a different language? It seems to be European of some sort. Or are those just made up?

3Off Topic Topic Empty Re: Off Topic Topic Wed May 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Deimos

Deimos
Loner

I think it's translated from Norwegian. I used Google translate and Radgivar translates to 'advisor'

Norwegian > English > Advisor
Norwegian Bokmål > English > Consultant
Swedish > English > Advises

Barnflicka
Norwegian > English > Nanny
Swedish > English > Nanny

Skydd
Norwegian > English > Protection
Swedish > English > Protection

So if not some coincidence, I'm guessing it's either Norwegian or Swedish used to create the ranks.

4Off Topic Topic Empty Re: Off Topic Topic Wed May 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Senach

Senach
Loner

Ahhh interesting. I was going to guess Swedish, but I see I was utterly wrong. Google Translate is simply superb. By the way, I'm quite fond of the graphic in your signature. Did you make it yourself?

5Off Topic Topic Empty Re: Off Topic Topic Wed May 09, 2012 8:39 pm

Deimos

Deimos
Loner

Oh, thank you ^^ I did make it myself, however, it wasn't much work. On PSE I used to lasso tool to select the one eye and changed the hue/saturation to fit my wolf's appearance. Then I just added text and changed the hue of the background a bit.

And I agree, Google translate is a very useful thingamajigger. While it is not always reliable, it is really helpful and is good for rough translations.

6Off Topic Topic Empty Re: Off Topic Topic Wed May 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Senach

Senach
Loner

Would you be willing to make one for me? I completely understand if the answer is no. I'm simply partial to your style. And yes. I'm bilingual and often get my languages confused, especially since I'm learning two more. Google Translate has often been my savior. And you are more than welcome.

7Off Topic Topic Empty Re: Off Topic Topic Wed May 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Deimos

Deimos
Loner

I'd love to make one! (Just tell me information in the chat or here like reference and whatnot, works either way) And yes, I understand. I know some Spanish and Italian and I'm learning French. Often in French class I'd mix up French with Spanish phrases.

If I may ask, what languages are you learning at the moment?

8Off Topic Topic Empty Re: Off Topic Topic Wed May 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Senach

Senach
Loner

Ahh well I speak English and Spanish. And at the moment I'm learning Italian and Gaelic. The Gaelic is especially difficult because it isn't a Latin-based language. That and I'm teaching myself.

As for information! Could you put his name (Senach) and the following quote?
"A million little pieces
We've broken into"

And here are some pictures to use! One Two Three Four

9Off Topic Topic Empty Re: Off Topic Topic Wed May 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Deimos

Deimos
Loner

Off Topic Topic Wlqeqt

Italian <3 After playing Assassin's Creed two I loved the language. I'm not going to be learning it officially but I'm learning bits here and there. Also, I Googled your character's name, Senach, and it appears to be in Gaelic. Is that how you chose the name of your wolf?

10Off Topic Topic Empty Re: Off Topic Topic Wed May 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Senach

Senach
Loner

Oh goodness that is quite well done! Thank you for taking my little request. I'll begin wearing it immediately. Would you mind if I used it on other websites?

I did use the Gaelic language to choose Senach's name. I looked up traditional Gaelic names, and this one really caught my interest. As for your Italian, well I would love to help you if you wanted. I spent all of last year living abroad in Florence.

11Off Topic Topic Empty Re: Off Topic Topic Wed May 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Deimos

Deimos
Loner

Go head' and use it on other sites, I don't mind ^^
Ah, interesting c: Deimos was a name of a moon I planned to use for a while. Never got to use it till' now! Glad I did. Also, I can't learn two languages since I've got a lot of work in French class, but thank you for the offer =D But any who, what is Florence like?

12Off Topic Topic Empty Re: Off Topic Topic Wed May 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Senach

Senach
Loner

I saw on your biography that little tidbit about moons. Highly creative and original - I applaud you. Too often you see wolves with names like "Shadow" and "Storm". I love some originality and thought you know?

As for Florence, well to say it was beautiful would be an understatement. It was an incredible opportunity that I was lucky to be able to take advantage of. Have you ever traveled?

13Off Topic Topic Empty Re: Off Topic Topic Wed May 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Deimos

Deimos
Loner

I haven't travelled much. Occasionally I go to Duluth and Wisconsin as a family vacation. I must say, Wisconsin Dells is a treat. Lots of family fun :3
http://www.chulavistaresort.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/Boat-03.jpg
Me and my family rented a pontoon boat and went along that river. Apparantly this is one of the few places in the world with the most plentiful rock formations (With that kind of stone.) Still, I'd love to travel further to see more culture x3 Have you been anywhere else, aside from Florence?

14Off Topic Topic Empty Re: Off Topic Topic Thu May 10, 2012 1:44 am

Senach

Senach
Loner

That's a beautiful picture you have there. I've traveled quite extensively, though I've had a good deal more years to do it than you. I've been to France, England, The Roman Baths, the Philippines, Mexico, Belize, Canada and quite a number of the states.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum